- 2015 – onwards: Lecturer at the department of sociology, Tilburg University.
- 2015 – 2017: Supervisor bachelor theses at The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- 2011 – 2017: Assistant professor at the department of criminology, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- 2004 – 2015: Assistant professor at the department of Sociology, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- 2003-2005: Senior researcher, Utrecht University, Department of Social Sciences.
- 2000-2005: Postdoc researcher, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Department of Social Sciences.
- 1997-2000: Junior and senior researcher at the project “Community Medation” (1996 – 1999), and at the project “Drugrunners” (1999 – 2000), Department of Law, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- 1993-1997: PhD. Student at the Department of Law, Erasmus University Rotterdam. PhD. Thesis: “Social Problems and Modern Society. A Treatise in the Sociology of Culture”. Promotor: prof.dr A.C. Zijderveld, copromotor: dr .M.C. de Witte. Degree received at October 8th, 1998.
- 1992: Vaucresson/Paris, France. Intensive Course “Institutional and Cultural Change in Europe”, February 22 – 29.
- 1988-1992: Masters degree in sociology at the Department of Social Sciences, Erasmus Unversity Rotterdam. Master thesis: “Welfare State and Rationality. A Sociological Treatise on the Unintended Consequences of Formal Rationality”. Degree received at September 18th, 1992.
- 1991: University of Maryland College Park (UMCP), U.S.A., Department of Sociology. Courses: Development in European and American sociological theory, Special social problems, and Books in sociological theory.
Memberships / professional activities
- 2014 – onwards: Book review editor of Community, Work & Family
- 2014 – 2015: Scientific coordinator Internationalization, department of Sociology (FSW)
- 2013 – 2015: Accountmanager Facebook Sociology, department of Sociology(FSW)
- 2012 – onwards: Erasmus Staff Ambassador (The Netherlands) for Erasmus Exchange, European Commission
- 2011 – onwards: Member Work and Family Researchers Network
- 2006 – 2015: Scientific coordinator Intensive Program (IP), subsidized by the European Union
- 2006-2012 Scientific coordinator Internationalization, department of Sociology (FSW)
- 2005-2011 Educational coordinator master Labor, Organization & Management, department of Sociology (FSW)
- 2003-2005 Member ESA, the European Sociological Association
- 2002-2004 Member KAIROS, research network
- 2001-2004 Editor of “Tijdschrift voor Herstelrecht”
- 2001-2005 Secretary of the ‘Nederlandse Vereniging voor Maatschappij en Cultuurwetenschappen’ (NVMC) (The Dutch association for social sciences)
- 1994-1995 Editor of Tijdschrift voor de Gammawetenschappen
- 1992 – onwards: Member of ‘Nederlandse Sociologische Vereniging’(NSV) (The Dutch Sociological Assotiation).